What is Modafinil 200mg?
Modafinil medicine is a eugeroic, or “wakefulness promoting” drug used for the treatment of narcolepsy or obstructive sleep apnea. It was discovered in France in the 1970s and reached US markets in 1998 under the brand name Provigil. In this article, we’ll discuss what modafinil is, what modafinil medicine is used for, how it works as a drug and potential side effects.
Modafinil, Modalert and Provigil are the common names for modafinil medicine. It is a prescription drug (although it’s also sold online) approved by the FDA to treat narcolepsy or obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).Modafinil medication belongs to the class of drugs called NDRI’s, or non-dopaminergic stimulants. Modafinil increases arousal and alertness by acting on dopamine receptors in your brain.
Modafinil is also used to treat conditions such as narcolepsy, sleep apnea/hypopnea syndrome, and shift work disorder. It’s also prescribed for other chronic disorders like ADHD or depression. If you are looking for Modafinil 200mg for sale, you can get it from various online sites.Modafinil has been used off-label as a nootropic for the treatment of shift-work sleep disorder, myotonic dystrophy symptoms and excessive daytime sleepiness associated with multiple sclerosis.
Modafinil works by stimulating the brain’s orexin receptors. Orexins are neuropeptides that act as neurotransmitters and regulate arousal, wakefulness and appetite. Narcolepsy is a disorder of impaired control over sleep-wake transitions (you can’t control when you fall asleep or stay awake).
Modafinil causes the brain to produce more orexins and increases activity in brain regions that promote wakefulness. It does so by binding to, activating and blocking different types of neurotransmitters (acetylcholine, dopamine, norepinephrine).
Modafinil 200mg Side Effects
The most commonly reported modafinil side effects are headaches, insomnia (excessive sleepiness), anxiety, dry mouth, nausea and diarrhea. It may also cause mood alterations such as agitation or anxiety. You can also buy Modafinil 200mg with COD from online pharmacies.
Positive Modafinil Side Effects
Some people say that they feel more energized and focused while taking modafinil. There is a small chance of developing an addiction to the drug. However, it doesn’t seem to be addictive when taken in moderation.
Negative Modafinil Side Effects
People with heart conditions should not take modafinil because it can increase the heart rate. This increased heart rate can lead to coronary artery disease (plaque build-up in your arteries). People with diabetes should avoid modafinil because it can lower blood sugar levels.
Modafinil Interaction in Body
Some medications may interact with modafinil and have negative effects. This is because modafinil causes the liver to break down some drugs more slowly. Thus, the medication may accumulate to unsafe levels in your body. Some medications that modafinil can interfere with are birth control pills, anti-seizure medication, heparin and cancer medications.
Modafinil is relatively new to the market as a treatment for narcolepsy. It’s also commonly used off-label to treat conditions such as excessive daytime sleepiness associated with obstructive sleep apnea, shift work disorder, and obesity. You can easily purchase Modafinil 200mg online at discounted prices.
Modafinil has been clinically tested on patients who have difficulty staying awake throughout the day. Modafinil can help these patients stay awake and alert at certain times of the day.
Some Important Points You Need to Consider for Modafinil 200mg
- Modafinil may cause nausea and headaches in some patients. Modafinil is not recommended to be taken by individuals with severe liver disease or a chronic sleep disorder like apnea/hypopnea syndrome because it can have negative side effects on these conditions.
- Modafinil is a schedule IV controlled substance in the United States but it’s available without a prescription in many other countries such as Canada, Australia, New Zealand and throughout Europe. It’s considered a prescription-only drug throughout Europe because of its potential for abuse.
- Modafinil’s precise mechanism of action isn’t entirely understood but it seems to increase activity in brain regions related to wakefulness such as the cortex, hypothalamus and midbrain.
- Modafinil medicine is well tolerated and usually safe to use, but as with all prescription medications, it can cause side effects in some patients including insomnia, headaches, mood alterations (anxiety or agitation) and gastrointestinal issues such as nausea and diarrhea.
- Modafinil medicine is typically taken upon awakening to promote wakefulness for the entire day. It can be taken on a daily basis, like an antidepressant is, or as needed when feeling sleep onset coming on.
- Modafinil is an interesting treatment option for those who suffer from narcolepsy, obstructive sleep apnea or work shift disorders. People with these conditions find that modafinil helps them function at a normal level and provides them with more energy during the day. Modafinil 200mg for sale is available at many online pharmacy sites.
- Modafinil should not be used with Soma (a muscle relaxant) due to Soma’s effects on dopamine. Modafinil should not be taken if you have a history of high blood pressure, heart disease, or arrhythmias as it can worsen these conditions and lead to serious side effects.
- Modafinil interacts with many other medications such as antidepressants, and antipsychotics. Modafinil should not be used with alcohol because it can lead to nausea and vomiting which could even become life-threatening without treatment.
- Modafinil’s mechanisms of action are not fully understood but seem similar to amphetamines. It is apparently not addictive, yet some people may experience withdrawal symptoms if they use modafinil medicine regularly for an extended time period and suddenly stop taking it.
- Modafinil supplements are considered nootropic drugs because they increase mental and physical performance. It’s commonly used by students and professionals to help them stay focused, awake and energized throughout the day.
- Modafinil medicine is an orexin receptor antagonist, meaning it blocks effects of the neurotransmitter orexin (hypocretin) which promotes wakefulness by activating neurons in the lateral hypothalamus.